Gambian Spotted-Eye Flower Mantids (videos)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
These little guys are really cute. Very active and inquisitive. You can see the way they constantly look around for mischief to get into. They are really fast too. And they vibrate when they're excited.

They have some really nice marking you can only make out in macro mode. Between the speckling, semi-opaque carapace and the eyes they kind of look like land shrimp! :lol:

I was under the impression this one was at L4 but there are wing buds already. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Music by Precarious :walkman:

L3 devouring a newly birthed Blaptica dubia roach nymph before its exoskeleton has even hardened. Some really nice shots of the L3's markings in this one.

Very cool textures on those eyes. Awesome footage dude. I like the little short abdomens.

The second video he couldn't decide which fly taste better haha

Hey I got a 45 second song going now I Was trying to finish it last night then the Crown Royal came out and all heck broke loose. Maybe tonight?!

Nice work bro. B)

Arggg I can't get my dubias to breed I think they just living in there. Have two huge males and females and they doing nothing.
Are you putting heat on them? In a matter of months mine went from letting half an apple mold to being able to finish off an entire Papaya before the next day

I know your trying to bring out the color but it may be a little over exposed , but what do I know:lol: ???

I know your trying to bring out the color but it may be a little over exposed , but what do I know:lol: ???
I think I bumped the film gamma too high. That's why the colors look so dense. Tough to get a good balance between gamma, contrast, brightness and saturation. I keep trying different lighting so I have to play with the setting each time. Once I get the lighting right it will become a consistent formula.

I appreciate the honest feedback.

I learn a little something from each video I make. ;)