Geckos, Skinks, Turtles. OH MY!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis_Whisper

Reaction score
I wanted to put up a couple pictures of my reptile collection. Finally did a photobucket thing so I could.

My leapord Gecko.

PW1.jpg

Some of my Sandfish skinks.

SF4.jpg

SF5.jpg

SF1.jpg

SF3.jpg

My turtles.

Painted Turtles

Painted_Turtle_1__by_silversoulstea.jpg

Painted_Turtle_2__by_silversoulstea.jpg

Red Eared Slider

Red_Eared_Slider_1__by_silversoulst.jpg

wow those are awesome i always wanted reptiles and i maybe get some leopard geckos :D
Reptiles are awesome.

Leapord geckos are good for beginners or even experts. Easy to care for and very hardy. They're usually well-tempered and very social when you hold them. :p

Mine's a banana Blizzard, one of the more expensive colourations. We have two more, don't have pictures of them yet.

Reptiles are awesome.Leapord geckos are good for beginners or even experts. Easy to care for and very hardy. They're usually well-tempered and very social when you hold them. :p

Mine's a banana Blizzard, one of the more expensive colourations. We have two more, don't have pictures of them yet.
Don't listen to him! Crested Geckos > Leopard Geckos

Don't listen to him! Crested Geckos > Leopard Geckos
:lol: But crested Geckos also cost anywhere from 75-500 dollars. Plus the food is annoying to deal with. Rotting baby food is not fun.

Leapord Geckos are better starter lizards, Crested geckos are for people who have a couple years of exprience, unless you're lucky. (My sister lost all of her's to an infection. 400 dollars worth.)

I'm a her though. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more pictures of my back-boned friends.

Leapord Gecko

lg1-1.jpg

lg2.jpg

Sandfish Skinks

Thoth the sandfish

sf11.jpg

Bastet the sandfish

sf9.jpg

Wrath The sandfish

sf8.jpg

Thoth again

sf10.jpg

Common Toad

Face

toad2.jpg

Back

toad1.jpg

Two more pictures of my turtles after I cleaned out their tanks. (The water is a bit cloudy, that'll clear up in an hour or so. ;) )

ginger079.jpg

ginger075.jpg

I've found that caring for my Crested is very similar to caring for mantids. If you had no experience in either maybe a crested would be hard. None of the breeders in my area have mentioned risk of infection, so it could be caused by something regional or hereditary.

I feed mine gut loaded crickets and some little pellets, no stinky food here. :lol:

I've found that caring for my Crested is very similar to caring for mantids. If you had no experience in either maybe a crested would be hard. None of the breeders in my area have mentioned risk of infection, so it could be caused by something regional or hereditary.I feed mine gut loaded crickets and some little pellets, no stinky food here. :lol:
I was gonna say that. But then again, somtimes having exprience in reptiles might help.

It might be.... My sister had about seven, she wanted to start a breeding colony, and she told me that they all got wiped out. She thinks it's from some infection, not sure maybe it was just fungus. I know that cresties can sometimes be weak to fungi and things like that (or was that a different kind?).

She fed her's baby food and a special powdered fruit mix made for them. Crickets onlt once in a while.

Latest posts