Ghost eating dead prey?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TySAAAN

Reaction score
My ghost nymph wouldn't eat the flies, because they were flying away from him. So I froze them and they died. Will he still eat them?

Keep the flies in the fridge not the freezer in a side area like the door,and they should thaw back out in minutes or just slow down a lot,or if they are big flies you can break off the back wings and makes them easier to catch for slower mantids. Also the freshly hatched flies before they open their wings seem to be best for the middle staged nymphs who are past the FFs ect. Just re read that it was only L3,so idk if you're on big flies yet,but you can get mantids to tackle freshly dead prey if you wiggle it or tweezer handle it,but I reccomend using live flies and just squishing them a bit,not dead

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the flies in the fridge not the freezer in a side area like the door,and they should thaw back out in minutes or just slow down a lot,or if they are big flies you can break off the back wings and makes them easier to catch for slower mantids. Also the freshly hatched flies before they open their wings seem to be best for the middle staged nymphs who are past the FFs ect. Just re read that it was only L3,so idk if you're on big flies yet,but you can get mantids to tackle freshly dead prey if you wiggle it or tweezer handle it,but I reccomend using live flies and just squishing them a bit,not dead
Okay! I'll try that. Thanks!

Latest posts