Ghost Enclosure...too big?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal! Add some new pics with the new set-up...

-Andrew
Forgot to post a pic of my ghost enclosure. I decided against spending money on decorative branches and just use basswood sticks instead since I have tons of them:

_MG_1491.jpg

Stick in some isopods and springtails as a cleaning crew and you might not need to do much cleaning other then wiping down the glass. I can tell you it must certainly be much less trouble than cleaning a bunch of individual containers. :surrender:

I wish i had enough room for several large enclosures myself, plus enough plugs for the heating pads... My room isn't the most insulated place and heating the room would definitely be more trouble than heating individual enclosures.

Stick in some isopods and springtails as a cleaning crew and you might not need to do much cleaning other then wiping down the glass. I can tell you it must certainly be much less trouble than cleaning a bunch of individual containers. :surrender:

I wish i had enough room for several large enclosures myself, plus enough plugs for the heating pads... My room isn't the most insulated place and heating the room would definitely be more trouble than heating individual enclosures.
sphagnum moss seems to hold up pretty well w/out molding for a long time. think i'll be cleaning it out in about 2 months when all the ghosts in there are bigger. i'll probably get some springtails to do the cleaning for me when I move to a new place at the end of the month. i'll have a dedicated room just for all these mantids and finally some outdoor space to culture some fruit flies/BB. :)

Latest posts