Ghost mantis dying for no reason at all

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Reaction score
Hey,

one of my L2 ghost mantids has just died and fallen to the ground. it seems perfectly normal. I also saw some black liquid coming out of its . does anyone have any clue on how it died? could it be too much humididty? all the other ghost mantids with it are fine except for this one.

Joe

Yeah Max, I think you're right. Maybe you should buy some new food for your mantids before your others become infected. I had 3 of mine die off a few days ago but the rest are fine and eating now.

Joe, I moved your post to the Health Issues Forum. I had a similar issue with a ghost mantis.

Cool thanks rick :D . srry i forgot obout this lol. they just went through 2 shipping trips, and theyr were really fat, could it have been knocked around too much? darn usps handling, they didn't even read the "Handle with care" sign!!!!

Joe

Hello,

Hmm. Not sure if it is the food though. Maybe the humidity. If mantids don't like the food they probably wouldn't eat it.

Latest posts