Ghost Mantis Hatch (in great detail)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just.............................. fabulous, i can see how people can get passionate about photography when clarity like that is shown to others.

just.............................. fabulous, i can see how people can get passionate about photography when clarity like that is shown to others.
Thanks. I've watched many, many molts, recorded them to video, and still couldn't figure out exactly what I was seeing. This is the first time I could actually see how they are encased in that thin film of skin. Very interesting. So glad I bought this camera gear. :)

I'm just out of words and phrases on this. You've got more great pics than I have adjectives.

Did you get any of it on video?

I'm just out of words and phrases on this. You've got more great pics than I have adjectives.

Did you get any of it on video?
No video. I usually switch back and forth but this time I wanted to try to get the whole process in good clear photos. I'm so glad I did. I can finally see what's going on.

There will be more Ghosts hatching. Only 3 came out today. I suspect more will hatch tomorrow morning and I've got more ooths after that.

What I'd really like to document is an Idolo ooth hatching! :D

Your footage is so amazing and top notch, I'll send you my first Idolo ooth If you promise to answer the phone when they call and tell you there coming!

+1,000 lol, this thread of pix is siiiick Henry, nice work as always!

Thanks Henry for 1) being there at the right time and 2) for taking such revealing and clear pics of this awesome event of one of the favorite species. My applause! :lol:

Wow...I see why some people consider new hatched mantids as being on the second stadium (L2). Awesome photos. I don't know how I missed this.

Holy Cow, what camera/lens did you use for these pics?
Canon EOS Rebel T2i body

Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens

Canon 250 D Close-Up lens filter

Opteka 10x macro filter

So a macro lens plus two quality diopter filters. The EF100mm only goes down to 1:1 and I can't afford the MP-E 65mm lens. But I am accepting donations. :lol:

And most importantly:

Canon Macro Twin Lite Flash MT-24EX

Can't take good macro without proper lighting and this unit is the schiznits!

Latest posts