Ghost mantis not eating regularly.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro92

Reaction score
They are L5 and i have heard they dont eat reguarly. They molted a few days ago and ive seen them eat a few hydei but there abdomens are still thin and i am wondering if this is normal. There are alot of Hydei in the container. What else should i be doing now.

Older ghosts are very picky eaters... almost anorexic in their shunning of available food. A fat ghost is a rare sight to see.

I have this to expect when they moult next, right now they are vigorous feeders sucking up anything that goes past... how long do they take to go from L4 - L5?

the only time iv seen mine eat like pigs is sub adult stage and adult.when mine where small they didnt eat alot,.

I'm glad I saw this thread since my group just started molting from probably L4-L5 (not 100% sure, I just got them a week ago).

How long should I wait after molting to introduce food to them again? The same question also applies to some shields I have that just went to subadult.

Most mantids dont eat for a day or two after molt but you can have food in there it just may not eat it right away

Latest posts