Ghost or Giant Asian

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesexymantisboy

Reaction score
I've been online looking and i have been wondering which type of mantis to get. I really like both the Ghost and the Giant Asian. I would like to know which is easier to take care of and stuff like that. Thanks.

Well I would ave to say the Giant Asian would probably be the easier mantis. They are a hardy species and easy feeders who reach a nice size as adults. Still I wouldn't say that ghost mantises are all that hard to raise up either. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a mantis. If you want one you can take out and handle that is on the more active side I would say go with a Giant Asian. If however you are more interested in having a pretty looker that looks cool hanging upside down and blending in with its environment, I would go with a Ghost.

I never had any luck with the Ghost mantis and while they look cool I found them boring. I like the large mantids better most of the time but keep in mind the females eat a lot.

I'd go for both. They're both really easy to take care of with proper caging and care (some species aren't so easy).

Latest posts