Ghostie's Pics Thread

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of bad pictures..

First of Idolo and second one of my ghosts is getting too big for it's deli cup with a fresh molt!

I think I will put the Idolos together after another molt or so. They seem a little frail now and want them to strengthen up some.

seatsghostandidolonymph009.jpg

seatsghostandidolonymph011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well lost another Idolo last night. I think this one never quite recovered from shipping. The other three I have left look to be nice and strong so far. May have to try and order a couple more for backup.

RIP little buddy

mantis034.jpg

mantis029.jpg

Also think two of my ghosts are now subadult female. May have to trade them off in classifieds section of the site.

mantis053.jpg

mantis054.jpg

mantis055.jpg

One last set..

Acromantis Magna female "having a drink" and taking a little walk for exercise.

Taking a brake from the male for a while longer. hehe

mantis004.jpg

mantis006.jpg

mantis008.jpg

mantis009.jpg

Great pics of your ghost! They're such a cool looking breed! Sorry about your idolo. I hope the rest make it!

They're droppin' like flies! Lol don't be too jealous! That might be the last pic I get of one.

We will be lucky if we have a pair to breed between the two of us. :blink: :lol:

Woot! Mr Gongy molting to sub adult when I woke up!

Looks like he is going to make it! He regrew a leg too! Niiiice. You can see the molt only hanging by three legs! lol Can't believe he actually takes up half the cube worth of space to molt! Dang he's huge now!

Check it out my first fruit fly cultures already have maggots in less than a week! No more paying $10 for a jar of FF's!

moltingandfruitfliescultures006.jpg

moltingandfruitfliescultures005.jpg

moltingandfruitfliescultures004.jpg

Haha never thought I would be so happy to see maggots! Ewww!

moltingandfruitfliescultures003.jpg

moltingandfruitfliescultures002.jpg

moltingandfruitfliescultures001.jpg

Honey time!

Gave all my mantids honey last night for the first time. Each and every one of them! Only one chinese didn't want any honey at all!

Here's some pics.

Yen's Creo Neb

honeytime030.jpg

Ghostie from Peter. Look at that huge head crown!

honeytime029.jpg

Limbata 1

honeytime027.jpg

Chinese 1

honeytime024.jpg

Frey's Idolos

honeytime022.jpg

honeytime020.jpg

Cool! I've tried to give mine honey and they never showed any interest. I'll have to try again.

Glad to see your violins are doing well. Another of my ghosts molted to adult female yesterday.

Zorak (my Chinese) always tries to eat the toothpick when I give her honey! :lol: I have to blow on her so she'll let it loose! Great pics though! Did you get your good camera back?

No she still needs the good camera for selling houses.

Not until I find another camera for her.

I'm still using my Nikon S550 point and shoot. Just doing some careful editing!

Check out some of those mandibles. :wub:

Honey is a great way to get mandible shots.

your Idolo's are gorgeous, I mean stunning ,totally wicked, beautiful, and anything else you can think of. ;)