Ghosts not eating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swords

Reaction score
Hey folks, I got my L5/L6 Ghosts on Friday and there was at least one fly in the container when I got them and it got eaten on the way home. Then on Saturday since the pupae I'd put in their enclosures Friday hadn't hatched I put a tiny new molted cricket in each of their enclosures. They all ate their tiny 1/8" crickets by Saturday night but now on Sun/Monday the BB pupae have hatched and are buzzing around but the mantids are not interested in eating them. They are the size flies I got from the guy who sold them to me (still using some of his pupae) so I know they're capable of taking these flies are they just "full"? Their abdomens don't look too expanded but even when the flies walk right next to them they just watch them, they don't even attempt to take a swipe and grab them. Is this normal? Is it safe to leave the flies in there until they eat them? How often should I be putting a pupae in to hatch (seems to take 2 days) I don't wanna fill the vivs with uneaten flies.

Conditions

Temps: Day 80-85*F / night 70-75*F

Humidity: 60-80%

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm just a reactionary new mantid daddy, they ate, of course not long after I made my post. I checked on the way out the door for work and two had eaten already. They just wanted me to worry for a while I guess! LOL

Latest posts