Ghozt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoKanDo

Reaction score
AWSOME DEAL, very passionate about the hobby and was a pleasure to deal with. 100% communiaction, very easy to talk to, made sure weather would be safe for the mantids to be shipped in. packed very well. I will deff do deals with him in the future. Got everything as described exactly the way he described it. A+

I just received my 2 mio ooths. Everything looked good packaging was good and the service was even better. Communication was great and i would buy from Ghozt again. Thanks Ghozt

Just recieved my mantids and all 3 are alive and in good health. Also the ooths are looking good and his packing was great. He cares about everybody's mantids and I will look forward to buying and maybe even trading with him in the future.

Thanks again.

Dope (mantid) dealer, great guy, great service. He is reliable and trustworthy. I ordered two Tenodera Aridifolia ooths from him and he didn't ship it until the weather was all good. It came faster than I expected too.

One ooth just hatched the other day and I am one happy camper :lol:

Looking forward to doing business with him again.

Two thumbs up (ebert and roeper haha)

Shout out to Ghozt!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my mio ooth. Everything looked good packaging was clever, Communication was great and i would buy from Ghozt again.

just an update (09/16/2010)the ooth just started to hatch :D so far just 3 nymphs.

Just got a mio ooth from Ghozt. Well packed and fast shipment. Can't wait for it to hatch! Will do business with Ghozt again.

Thanks,

Jess

Just got a c. gemmatus ootheca and a ghost ootheca from Ghostz, and they arrived promptly and packaged in moist paper towels. They look good and I can't wait for them to hatch!

Cares about his mantid and educated on the subject as well... Easy to deal with and honest! Btw... Apologies for the late feedback- the "holidays" came up and I've had to entertain a pile of out of town guests and have been busy- finally had some down time to come on here and leave some feedback

Ordered a male gongy from ghozt. He threw in 2 males (adult) and 4 free nymphs (L2ish). Unfortunately the Post Office sucks! Was available for pick-up on March 28th, but they didn't send me the slip til' April 9th, so everything was dead. He packed it up very well with heat packs and nice insulation. He has offered me free nymphs because of the situation. He's a great guy, great breeder... Will do business with him again. Just a bit frustrated on USPS part -__-

I ordered six L-4/5 Violin Mantids from Brian. They arrived on time, though no bodies fault but the mail carrier, I had to chase him down to claim my two packages as he forgot them behind his seat. The mantids were in good shape and ready to eat. Brian packs a nice package and makes sure that things will survive. I am sure I will want to do business again once the process is tightened up a bit.

This feedback is long overdue. I bought 12 violin oothecas from Ghozt in late October of last year. He shipped them out to me on the 21st of October 2011 after waiting for paypal to clear.

I incubated them the same way I incubate all my ooths; glued to the top of a cloth lid of a 32 oz. deli cup. The deli cup has almost 2 inches of substrate at the bottom to hold humidity, and had material glued on the sides for the nymphs to hang on to when they hatched. I misted them every other day and did not give them a chance to dry up. The substrate also prevents the humidity from going too low. The heat bulb raises the surrounding room temperature (72 Degrees farenheit) to a mild 80 degrees farenheit. Never had issues with overheating or frying ooths this way since the ooths are placed far away and not directly under the light bulb.

Roughly two months had passed and only 3 ooths hatched out of the lot- but the 3 that hatched had ONE nymph come out of each. All of these nymphs were soon dead after being born. One would think that there would be some decent hatches out of 12 ooths, but this time something was amiss. So all those ooths and no result from them, I decided I wanted a refund.

Ghozt told me to mail the ooths back to him and also send him photos of my incubation set up. Well, good thing I got a tracking number for the package otherwise I would not have known what had happened to it.

USPS Tracking #: 0311 1660 0001 5669 6085

The package went back and forth from CA to Las Vegas multiple times and could not be delivered. After a month it finally came back to me. Me and an acquaintance did some digging around and we found out that Ghozt purposely left out part of his address so that it would not be able to be delivered. This would make for a perfect excuse not to refund my money, since the ooths never arrived at his place. There is not a postman alive that is going to be able to deliver the package in a large apartment complex without the specific Apartment number. If the ooths were not dried up when I sent them initially then they are dried up for sure at this point, and even if I mail them back to the correct address you would probably just make the excuse that they are dried up.

He purposely left out "Unit 1068". No wonder the package was never delivered.

Also, according to his friend kittyxxxrose, I am slandering him by referring to his products as DUDS. Well, let us see what the definitions of those words are.

slan·der

   [slan-der]

noun

defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: aslander against his good name.

cal·um·ny

   [kal-uh
C:UsersMoonyongAppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image002.gif
m-nee]

noun, plural -nies.

a false and malicious statement designed to injure thereputation of someone or something:

dud (dʌd)

n

1.a person or thing that proves ineffectual or a failure

2.a shell, etc, that fails to explode

3.old-fashioned ( plural ) clothes or other personal belongings

adj 4. failing in its purpose or function: a dud cheque

Now I referred to the ooths as duds since they failed to hatch, an egg that has failed to hatch has failed to serve its purpose; hence it is correctly called a DUD. So according to his friend kittyxxxrose, I am making false statements about his products in order to damage his reputation by correctly referring to the ooths as DUDS. Perhaps next time you get someone to defend your shady business tactics you should make sure they can comprehend the English language.

This is my first time ever leaving bad feedback for someone, but it’s necessary for people to be aware of this transaction, so they don’t get scammed by you. It’s people like you who ruin the hobby for the rest of us. Perhaps one day you will live up to your promises and have some integrity.

Finally have adult males and female violins ! I will start setting up refunds for the last few customers !

Just gotta gimmie some time for the adults to mature so they can mate.

1 female mated with the male today. will get ready to send refuds soon, sorry for the delay.

Said once and it will be said once again. This feedback is WAAAY LONG OVERDUE. DO NOT BUY FROM! I bought two ooths from Brian back in Dec of last year or the beginning of this year. Can't remember since it's been so long but those ooths are DUDS! I still have one of them just sitting there. If you wanna be a charity and hand out money go ahead. But you will NOT gain anything. Shipping was also VERY slow and ooths were just thrown in a plastic case, free to roll about the container while shipped to me. Very poor packaging and also VERY poor communications! It takes him at least three days to get a 5 word respond and on top of that your question probably won't be answered. -10 for bad customer service/communication and no product... Oh and I also wasted money buying FF'S from a vendor which I had to throw away. Waste of time, money, and effort. I bought everything hoping to get some nymphs and NOTHING. Oh and I contacted Brian about trying to resolve the issue and he said go ahead and just give him bad feedback. Maybe because it's true and that's the service you'll receive when shopping with him.

***Update 07/06/12***

It has been several months now and I have still not received a replacement/refund from Ghozt even though he claimed he was going to send out replacements.

Still ignoring pm's as usual.

I am out 150 dollars and nothing to show for it.

Would not recommend to anyone!

About 8 months ago, I bought 3 violin oothes from Ghozt and received them in the mail. After two month went by, I email him to let him know that they did not hatch. He asked how we cared for them and we responded. Two weeks goes by before he responded and he said that some other people he sent oothes to did not hatch as well. He asked if we could be pateint until he could produce more and of course we understood, things like this happens. Now 4 months later, he will not respond to our PM at all.

Do not buy from him!!!

well in January I responded to Ghozts add for Violin ooth...checking his feedback all looked okay.

Jan 13th I paid.

Jan 21st I PM'd to ask if it was sent yet...he apologized for delay and said he would send an "extra" ooth for the delay....by this time negetive feedback began to appear

feb 3rd I recieved the ooths and PM'd to ask if there was a guarantee, and that I was concerned due to the negative feedback....he said he would replace if they did not hatch in 6-8 weeks.

march 22 no hatch yet PM sent

April 12 no hatch yet PM sent.

April 16th no hatch PM sent he said he was breeding a male with two females and would send a replacement once one was laid

no response untill April 30th when he informed me that he had to move and "sold" his Violins...I PM's about a refund....and never heard back.

I am a very forgiving person, and Ghosts feedback was so positive before this. I just hope he got in a bad spot, will get out and get back into the hobby and redeem himself.

until that time I can only lament that my ooths never hatched and that one of the last breeders offering Voilins is no longer breeding them.

....and caution against dealing with him.

Latest posts