Giant Eyed Nymph

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuomasi

Reaction score
Hai, I'm new to keeping Mantids but I have recently got a Giant Eyed Mantis, is there anything I should do or keep in mind about this type of mantid?

Thanks

Believed your Giant eye mantis is P. Pinnapavonis, this is a tropical species from SOuth East Asia so keep them humid (mist daily or every other day) and warm (85F).

Pseudempusa pinnapavonis is okay between 75-85F. Spraying every three days is more than enough for these, they don't really need high humidity.

Rob.

Okay, thanks. Since I live in the UK I'll use a heat pad, will that be okay?
I don't like heat pads, they tend to dry the enclours too much. If you use one, only put it on half of the enclosure.

I have kept this species for 2 generations in net cages in a room that is 50-60% humidity. But that's just my experience with them :wink:

Well I've just put him on one of my old heat pads from my snake, but to keep the humidity up I've got a water bowl in there. That be okay?

No need for the water bowl.

Keep it in an enclosure with netting on the top and tissue on the base. Mist the enclosure once every 3 days. This will be plenty :wink:

Latest posts