Going to work for Cirque Du Soleil

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickfraser

Reaction score
I have applied for a sales position for the travelling show, TOTEM. I am going to an open house this afternoon for paperwork, It is only temporary and the tent is going up right next to my regular job. It's not for the money ($10.75 an hour), but more for the experience. I love the Cirque and go to every show. I have my VIP tickets (front row/center) for October 19. I hope they will let me have that night off. They better! :lol: There is also the opportunity to continue on with employment at the other stops in the local area. With my retail experience, I'm a "shoe in". But maybe this could also be a way to get in with the Cirque Du Soleil company on a permanent basis. You never know. It will be fun meeting so many new people, both working with the Cirque Du Soleil and all the attendees. I hope they put me in the VIP area merchandise. I wonder what kind of discount I will get. :clap: PLUS+++ the opportunity to be "backstage" and probably meet the performers and see the "inner workings" of the show will be priceless. If it sucks, I 'll just quit. It's not for the money. I look at it as a paid "volunteer" position. :clown:

Wish me luck! :clover:

ENJOY!

The first interview went well and I have a second on Wednesday at noon. I think I should surely get a position with merchandising, but I was told the VIP area was filled. I will have to work my way in somehow. I'll make sure to sparkle and shine on Wednesday and ask again if they are sure all the positions are filled. You know the squeaky wheel gets the oil. :lol:

What a wonderful opportunity for you, I pray it is good and you become famous and we can all say we know you, but most of all for you, not just anyone would be picked. Hey did u ever send me anything, I mean with your signature on it? just wondering so I can save it for when u r famous.

The tents are going up! :clap: I took these today from the ship where I work. I hope tomorrow goes well.

DSCN7663_zpsbf43bf5f.jpg

DSCN7664_zpsfcbbf780.jpg

DSCN7665_zps0ea487f2.jpg

DSCN7666_zps90a4f312.jpg

DSCN7667_zps0ac0553d.jpg

DSCN7668_zps496f600d.jpg

Cool I have their traveling show cavalia right next to me too, hope you have fun maybe meet some of the performers

I got the job. :clap: I go to induction and training next Wednesday and will get my schedule. They may need some help with the merchandising set up, so I am on "back-up" and could get called in before next Wednesday.

I was called in today as a backup and was sent home after about 15 minutes. They pay for 2 hours of work even if you aren't needed to work. You can't beat that.

i do parkour but i would love to do something like that when i grow up.

wow just looked at the clip you linked, I have never seen this show or been to Vegas, my husband and I were going to go to Vegas and catch the show there.. I really want to see this one though, Totem. Gonna look and see if its going to be anywhere near me!!

I never miss a show when it comes to town. The only Cirque show I have seen in Las Vegas is Zumanity. There is a Las Vegas Cirque Du Soleil week where you can hit a different show every night with great discounts and special events. I want to do that one of these days.

I went back today and was sent home with 2 more hours. :clap: I decided to go to Disneyland for the day, but it was too hot and I just came home.

Latest posts