Gongy communal

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bathory

Reaction score
tumblr_p2tamo8SLa1r3ncsvo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p2tamo8SLa1r3ncsvo2_1280.png

tumblr_p2tamo8SLa1r3ncsvo1_1280.png

The smallest male was hiding, but here are the two other males (front) and one of my females (back). I thought the smallest male was a female but he molted into his antennae so here I am with 2 females and 3 males!

Beautiful Mantids, and great shots! Especially that last one, it gives the mantis an ominous look  :p

And that seems like a nice ratio. Maybe you’ll be able to breed them.

@River Dane Thank you! And I am planning on breeding them (more like leave them in their enclosure and hope they get jiggy) if they all make it to adulthood, which shouldn't be a problem since they are doing so great :)  

Great to see they are doing well for you and are about evenly split on gender. Best of luck :)

Great group! Do you know what instar you can tell gender by the antenna? Or alternatively what instar is your smallest male? 

I also have a group going but Im fairly sure all 7 are female. There is only one that might not be.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Teamonger All of them are at least presub now, so I'd guess it's around that stage! Once the wing buds appeared the antennae got thicker :)  

@Bathory I am so jealous of that lovely green shade your boy has. So pretty, especially that pale green on his legs.

There is still hope for my maybe boy then as he's at least 2 maybe 3 molts behind the largest ladies who are sub-adult. I've been trying to cheer him on to molt but I don´t think he´s listening :p

Latest posts