Gongylus gongylodes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorEH

Reaction score
Finally they arrived a couple of days ago.. After some minor problems with Norwegian customs

1791253068_cfbc7ad2b5_o.jpg

1789215353_9fa7dd514b_o.jpg

Even looks as 2 different sexe's. (counting segments)

These two should be 2.instar

Mine are from Martin French in England...

Are currently giving them D.hydeii, and keeping them at 30 C, planning to raise the temperature to about 35 C after a moult and two..

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason they wanted me to show a license from the Norwegian Departement of Nature that I was allowed to take them in to the country... even though there is no Norwegian laws saying you can't take tropical insects in to Norway. But as the laws is as they are, it wasn't a problem to get such a license :) But the mantids got stuck in transi twice the time as they should.

You should see how an adult Gongylus looks like... man those mantids can impress!

1809954482_819ad4b1d6_o.jpg

1809954472_14a7149f23_o.jpg

A couple of new pics yesterday.. One of them shedded to L3 to yesterday. I'll se if I can get som new pics of it later today.

the more of them i see, the more i think that is the species i want to have. Asians are going to be my test subjects to see just how much of a pain it is going to be to keep raising flies for them to eat as little ones. Feeding crickets has GOT to be a whole lot easier.

But I do like the look of those .....

the more of them i see, the more i think that is the species i want to have. Asians are going to be my test subjects to see just how much of a pain it is going to be to keep raising flies for them to eat as little ones. Feeding crickets has GOT to be a whole lot easier.But I do like the look of those .....
yes..im not sure how big there going to be cause iv never bought any this wil be 1st time..they should be here tomrow..i have ordered crikct hachlings?u think they be ok for baby thats shed 2 times..its this big

1740365709_fdcd025ede_b.jpg

yes..im not sure how big there going to be cause iv never bought any this wil be 1st time..they should be here tomrow..i have ordered crikct hachlings?u think they be ok for baby thats shed 2 times..its this big
1740365709_fdcd025ede_b.jpg
Well ..... I did read somewhere that feeding them crickets may make them lay bad OOTH ..... now I take that with a grain of salt, but I think I saw it on more than 1 site. Best to check with someone or has them and breeds them. I am also curious if crickets would be acceptable, I would not gamble on a breeding pair though. :)

Now that's a wierd looking mantis :blink: .

But beutiful nontheless. Very beutiful.

I believe the negativity rumored by the crickets is caused by crickets' general disposition to eating whatever garbage that is around them, instead of people gutloading them with fruits or proteins. Deshawn recently updated his website in regards to "healthy" crickets on this very subject.

really nice pics. how many nynphs you have?

i have traded some with martin, very good breeder :D

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts