Gongys?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gripen

Reaction score
Does anyone else still keep these? I have an adult female but I am unable to find anyone else with these.

Another species falling out of culture?

r u surprised? we dont even have a gongylus consolidated here
Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean a thread on the species that doesn't determine if they are in culture. Don't people realize that once something like that falls out of culture getting it back may be difficult. I've noticed that trend over the years.

Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean a thread on the species that doesn't determine if they are in culture. Don't people realize that once something like that falls out of culture getting it back may be difficult. I've noticed that trend over the years.
i mean that this is a difficult species and nobody has cared to try and educate the general forum on their care like they have for idolomantis and blepharopsis

and i recall last year the only one in the US who had blephs was tammy until she sold a boatload of nymphs to spread them around

Oh well I always thought they were easy to care for. I just kept them in a 12x12 net cube with a heat lamp. Misted once a day and fed flies. They like it really hot.

That happened to me too. I had two males and a female all living together eating flies and crix, and then they just dropped dead.

Gongies were one of the first species I had and of course tried to breed, but I failed on that, just a pile of wings in the morning(more than once), so I said never again and swicthed to Idolo and said thats it! I will do it this time!(did many hours of research to improve), Go figure, but I'm glad I didn't quit. I'm not bragging just say'n don't stop try'n when it looks bad....

Gongies were one of the first species I had and of course tried to breed, but I failed on that, just a pile of wings in the morning(more than once), so I said never again and swicthed to Idolo and said thats it! I will do it this time!(did many hours of research to improve), Go figure, but I'm glad I didn't quit. I'm not bragging just say'n don't stop try'n when it looks bad....
Hehhehe it looks real bad for me...

Check with Ghozt!
NO DONT!

at least not before checking his feedback...

on another note, I had a female Violin...could not find a male to mate her with. she died...I wish the ooths I got from Ghozt would have hatched I would have adults and likely ooths now.

Latest posts