Goodbye Gimpy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Gimp the Warrior[/SIZE]

Tenodera aridifolia sinensis

Entered the Eternal Kingdom Animalia

September 24, 2007

You Are Loved and Will be Missed

They should make a cemetary section.. Just kidding.

Its like losing a dog when my mantis dies

Sorry to hear that :cry:

If you get tore up over the death of an insect you may be in the wrong hobby. They don't live long and I can't even count how many I have seen die. Not like this is your cat or dog.

If you get tore up over the death of an insect you may be in the wrong hobby. They don't live long and I can't even count how many I have seen die. Not like this is your cat or dog.
Rick, of course. :roll:

JK :p

Maybe that's part of the experience that some people like about this hobby.... just maybe.

i don't think precious was looking for a serious responce. he/she was just being cute.

I'm not "tore up". I have lost many mantids, MANY. Gimp was special and I memorialized him. Do you ever say anything nice?

Not to take sides or pick out someone to argue with... but I have to agree with Ogiga. A hobby is something you enjoy, and something you grow on and get attached to. Mantids may be insects but they are still pets. So are dogs and cats. Though some people view mammals more important than insects, it doesn't mean that insect keepers cannot get attached to their critters.

Rick, you may have a more serious view about insects being insects and that you shouldn't get too attached to something that won't live long. That is fine. Precious has a different view on her care and enjoyment on mantids. Everyone has a different style. She has lost a mantis that she enjoyed, though it may not seem important to you, it is important to her. Please respect that.

Keep in mind I am in NO way trying to pick out a side or argue with anyone. I would just like to voice my opinion on this matter.

Not to take sides or pick out someone to argue with... but I have to agree with Ogiga. A hobby is something you enjoy, and something you grow on and get attached to. Mantids may be insects but they are still pets. So are dogs and cats. Though some people view mammals more important than insects, it doesn't mean that insect keepers cannot get attached to their critters.Rick, you may have a more serious view about insects being insects and that you shouldn't get too attached to something that won't live long. That is fine. Precious has a different view on her care and enjoyment on mantids. Everyone has a different style. She has lost a mantis that she enjoyed, though it may not seem important to you, it is important to her. Please respect that.

Keep in mind I am in NO way trying to pick out a side or argue with anyone. I would just like to voice my opinion on this matter.
Amen.

Sorry for your loss. With all the care you took with Gimp, I'm sure he had a great life.