Got a new A. versicolor sling this weekend

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasty bugger

Reaction score
Right here, in front of this computer screen
Went to the reptile show in Mesa this weekend and picked up a A. versicolor sling, maybe half an inch wide.

He'll be in the vial for a while.

He's already got a nice metalic deep blue to it.

Now I have one inch and half Aphonopelma paysoni, one half inch A. paysoni, and last but not least, one half inch Aviculari versicolor.

Guy I bought the versi from told me about when he was bit by a blue cobalt, twice, and that he had cramps in his hands and feet, extremeties, for two weeks. That would be a memorable experience... and I'll have a cobra bite for a chaser...... B)

Also picked up a three corn snakes, and some mice to breed pinkies for them :)

Nice! That will be a fun sling to watch grow up.

As for your A. paysoni, expect adults in about 10 years!

-Dave

Aviculari versicolor is a type of tarantula that is very colorful, and an arborial variety, which means it hangs out in the trees instead of on the ground normally.

I\'m new to the tarantula thing also, and just learned all this stuff this last month or so.

A sling is a baby. This guy is maybe half an inch leg span. Tiny little guy, but colorful. It has a metalic deep blue, kinda velvety blue look to it. They have different colors on different parts of their body later in live.

The link has a pic, and is one I found of another A. versicolor in a thread on this forum.

Note the reddish abdomen, and the blue carapice. Nice and colorful. This is a much larger one than mine. Mine would cover the fingernail, and maybe a bit more.

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7637

Payson is only a bit over an hour drive from here, for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts