Got blue?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reptiliatus

Reaction score
For those of you who have been keeping tarantulas and don't know about these beauties, you need to eventually own one in your collection at some point in time and this is why.

Enjoy!

One of my two female Poecilotheria metallica's recently molted.

5CE6550D-5127-4002-BA06-B26D0EE4FCCE-231-000000648E552DDB_zpsd730c8e0.jpg

Their a beautifull display, I have kept them since about 2007, They are much more affordable now at about $90 a sling.

No I said $90 a sling, I actually sell them off in bulk the last two sacs for $50 each. The females I sex out at about 2.5-3'' I sell for about $225 but females can go for $400 in some places. I am about to unload my entire arachnid collection minus the dwarf species to make room for new mantid species. Will even be selling 2 proven bred female metallica.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a few of these guys at the expo on sunday. They weren't nearly as blue as in the picture. I almost picked up a Brachypelma for $5 lol.
Honestly, I didn't edit this photo at all. Just used flash on the photo the capture the colour. The specimens you saw were likely due for a molt.

Honestly, I didn't edit this photo at all. Just used flash on the photo the capture the colour. The specimens you saw were likely due for a molt.
I didnt say you did. Not the first time I've seen them that blue. I would believe they were due for a molt, or maybe the plastic case they were in wasn't as clean as it seemed.

I didnt say you did. Not the first time I've seen them that blue. I would believe they were due for a molt, or maybe the plastic case they were in wasn't as clean as it seemed.
I know :) , just making sure no one thinks so.

Those are awesome! I always wanted poecilotheria metallica! Unfortunately, they are still VERY expensive for a single sling. She's gorgeous! Sometimes they're more on the grey side

Holy cow! Even for a confirmed arachnophobic, she's one beautiful spider. Just keep her at the other side of the room, please.

Paul Becker of Pet Center USA usually has them for $90, I just sold a hatch recenly but will have some more in about 4-5 weeks ready. They will be my last I plan to offer them up $50 each with a 3 sling limit.

Michael

I love the blue coloration on these. It's too bad Avicularia versicolor loses its juvenile metallic blue coloration.

I've always been interested in these ever since I got into tarantulas, but I've never been able to find them at a price i felt comfortable paying with small spiderlings.

Latest posts