Got My Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonte151

Reaction score
I order four ghost mantis from Rebecca these guys are nice even doe the delay on shipping decided to use paper towels because spagaum moss blended them in i couldnt see them they are nice

It looks like you're keeping them pretty wet. I suggest keeping them drier and only giving them a light spritz to drink from each day. The water should be allowed to dry out by the end of each day and they will need more ventilation in their containers. You can carefully cut out a large area in the lid and hot glue mesh or use paper towel that you screw the lid onto to increase the ventilation in those containers.

I also notice that you're feeding them crickets that are about the same size as the mantises themselves. Please be careful when doing so as hungry crickets can and will attack your mantises. The mantises themselves may also be intimidated by the large size of the feeders and be reluctant to capture them.