Gray treefrog!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom had one that lived in a small bird house in the red maple by her front door. She called him "Sticky Foot". It was there for several years. On overcast or rain days he would be perched in the doorway of the bird house.

My mom had one that lived in a small bird house in the red maple by her front door. She called him "Sticky Foot". It was there for several years. On overcast or rain days he would be perched in the doorway of the bird house.
That is interesting. In South Korea we had Japanese Tree Frogs (청개구리: chung meaning bright green and gaeguri meaning frog) and I remember one that would come back every year during the night to the second story of a house of a friend to catch bugs to eat, it was cute. What state was your mother's house in where the frog was?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amphibians_of_Korea

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarting late last week I've been hearing them. I would like to catch one or find some tadpoles.
Hyla chrysoscelis are common here. I find tadpoles in the old forests in pools of water. I find young grey tree frogs on the sidewalks near the forests. I grew several from eggs and the young frogs eat termites and small roaches well.

I'm working with Southern Leopard frogs this summer.

the other day I caught this lovely female gray treefrog

idk if she is hyla versicolor or chrysoscelis, but she's gorgeous!
I love it, great shots, and adorable little specimen

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts