great surprise...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe buy a melanogaster culture ASAP so you have smaller food for the less aggressive ones?

My L2 wallies will take hydei, the L1 is still too small, so I feed them both so everybody can pick and choose.

Maybe buy a melanogaster culture ASAP so you have smaller food for the less aggressive ones?

My L2 wallies will take hydei, the L1 is still too small, so I feed them both so everybody can pick and choose.
heh im not goona go buy them, if they cant handle them when i saw that it can be done.. then, survival of the fittest! i have 3 more ooths. i want strong little mantids

Soooo, this morning there were a bunch more nymphs being born. so apparently this species can have a staggered hatch. learned something new! also, only about half of the nymphs from 3 day ago lived, is this normal?

Many species that have high hatch rates also have very high L1's mortality.

I'm still waiting for a huge die-off with my stalii's.

are there any casualties yet? or are there so many that it's hard to tell?

from this morning?! i havent counted them yet, im at work. but i could tell one for sure wasnt going to live, it seemd to be stuck in its skin.

the ones that hatched the other day, at first there was 57, now there is only 30 left from that clutch

Last edited by a moderator:
yes im still gonna send you some, you literally had it right on the money. thatday when i got home there was one more in the cup so 58exactly came out the first day

Soooo, this morning there were a bunch more nymphs being born. so apparently this species can have a staggered hatch. learned something new! also, only about half of the nymphs from 3 day ago lived, is this normal?
I am no expert so take this for what it's worth.

Recently I have hatched T. Sinensis and S. Lineola, and I have kept about half in a very large net container and other half I divided up to groups of 8 to 10 in 32 oz deli cups. Both have the same conditions because they are all in the same room. The half that were all together, a lot died in the first two weeks. Maybe like 50% or more. The groups that were separated in the 32oz containers, maybe 10% died. I didn't see any canabilism going on or even aggressive behavior. So i'm not sure really why. Maybe the experts can give a reason. This happened on both the T. Sinensis and the S. Linola.

Latest posts