Green Anoles

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinensispsyched

Reaction score
I was picking up crickets yesterday, and I passed by the green anole "cubicle". As I walked by, this one anole followed me from end to end, and I fell in love. Thanks to that, I know what I'm getting once I move out of my parents' house.

What are the basic care notes?

Is a male or female more docile?

But they don't need a large cage. A ten gallon tank will do. They like decor in the cage, and will bite if angry. Never pick up by the tail or it'll come right off.

I've had countless Anoles in my day, and there very easy to keep!

-Slogan- "Sometimes I'm just so Anole, Mom" :lol:

Anoles are cool, I had many as a kid, easy, but fast, and the tails are fragile as others noted. In my opinion thee are many, far cooler lizards out there though. My favorites are Uromastyx, Dragons, Fat tailed Geckos, and many Cham species. All need a proper UVB setup, one of the most overlooked aspects of lizard keeping.

Anoles are cool, I had many as a kid, easy, but fast, and the tails are fragile as others noted. In my opinion thee are many, far cooler lizards out there though. My favorites are Uromastyx, Dragons, Fat tailed Geckos, and many Cham species. All need a proper UVB setup, one of the most overlooked aspects of lizard keeping.
True, but a anole can be had for around 5 bucks.

Yeah, I begged my mom for a cham already, didn't work. I believe that the anole in Florida, and he bit me. He was found inside the screening around the pool, and I found him within the first ten minutes of being in our house. He even ran across the pool, sort of like a basilisk.

Can't wait to be old and move out (no offense mom & dad).

Take it in stride and enjoy your youth is my advise to you! You can never go back once you older, and there is the increased stress that age can bring. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence till you get there, then you see your grass wasn't so bad.

kinda off topic, but i noticed the title...

a close friend of mine has a few Ambilobi Panther Chameleons. they are freaking awesome.... and we have been recently looking for anoles to breed... haha, anoles make good feeder food. hahaha, just saying.... the chameleons will eat baby animals... mice and lizards and stuff...

in my opinions, chameleons are top tier. hahaha but if your parents wont let you have it, just give it some time. when i was younger my parents acted the same way, i just had to keep buggin them hahaha

Latest posts