Green female ghost mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickfraser

Reaction score
I love the green ghosts. This one molted to adult about 2 weeks ago so the fattening process in underway. I have 3 different green females and this is the last one needing to be mated. The green is much better in person and a mix of turquoise/jade. This was a "freebie" received from Joeho when he was doing some "spring cleaning". Thanks Joeho.

greenghost.jpg

Nice pic of a great looking female! I am looking to acquire one of those. I hope my male is up to the task, he is yet to perform well when given the opportunity. Good luck with her.

Beautiful! I've held a couple green ones before. I love how they feel all "fuzzy". If you know what I mean. Great looking female! Great photo as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got her "stuffed" and put her with the males last night. I am happy to say that the deed is being done. Connection successful. Now to wait for the ooth and ooth hatch to see if it took. I will try to "git 'er done" a couple times before the first ooth. My other 2 have both been mated multiple times and have laid their first ooths which I have incubating. I will continue to mate as often as they will when put together, until either the boys die from old age or are eaten. Old age sounds like the way they'll go, as there have been no "scary" moments or any aggression in either sexes. I just hope that green ghosts will make green ghosts. Time will tell. I should be overloaded with nymphs in about a month if all goes well.
biggrin.gif

I got her "stuffed" and put her with the males last night. I am happy to say that the deed is being done. Connection successful. Now to wait for the ooth and ooth hatch to see if it took. I will try to "git 'er done" a couple times before the first ooth. My other 2 have both been mated multiple times and have laid their first ooths which I have incubating. I will continue to mate as often as they will when put together, until either the boys die from old age or are eaten. Old age sounds like the way they'll go, as there have been no "scary" moments or any aggression in either sexes. I just hope that green ghosts will make green ghosts. Time will tell. I should be overloaded with nymphs in about a month if all goes well.
biggrin.gif
Congratulations on successfully mating them so many times!

Well, it's been a while and I have one older green female nymph. I have a lot of other colors, but only this one green. The coloring shows up later, anyways. Maybe there'll be more. But with no further ado, I introduce you to T2 (Tinkerbell the 2nd)

RSCN1439.jpg

She molted last night and it looks like a good one. :clap: You never know until they've fully inflated wings and hardened. I'll get a photo when she's dried up.

SHE'S GORGEOUS! She's two-tone. The green is really pretty, almost pastel. The light brown wings are a nice touch.

RSCN2147-1.jpg

RSCN2145-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts