Green Lacewings

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quake

Reaction score
I have been browsing many gardening sites for mantis ooths and feeder insects since they come in bulk. They have many things I know my mantis cant/wont eat but I dont know about green lacewings, everywhere has them.

I have been browsing many gardening sites for mantis ooths and feeder insects since they come in bulk. They have many things I know my mantis cant/wont eat but I dont know about green lacewings, everywhere has them.
The mantids I keep don't mind eating the adults but they won't touch the larvae though. I tend to not use adult lacewings as food sources for mantids because they give off a stench. Overall, I stay away from them unless I can't find any food.

The mantids I keep don't mind eating the adults but they won't touch the larvae though. I tend to not use adult lacewings as food sources for mantids because they give off a stench. Overall, I stay away from them unless I can't find any food.
LOL these smell so bad!!!!! hahahaha

I really don't know why people keep asking if things are safe to feed. If it isn't obviously dangerous like a large bee then give it a try. If the mantis cannot or should not eat it they will know and drop it.