Greetings all from southern california

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingPriapism

Reaction score
Hello all;

New to the forum and got myself a few ghost mantis's (manti? whats the plural form?). I actually got them from an awesome guy on these forums. I'm a nursing student who worked in the medical field previously as an EMT for OC and LA county. These guys are perfect for a starving student with no life :lol: . I enjoy watching them during my long hours of studying...

I have the little ghost mantis' in a wooden box that had glass on all the sides except the bottom. I got it from michaels for $4. Used a screwdriver and hammer, broke the side glass pannels and took out the glass, then hot glued on mesh screens. I attached only one pic since attachments have upload limits. Seemed like a cool enclosure.

Excited to be a part of this forum,

Victor

photo.JPG

Welcome. :)

I say mantids, but some say mantises. I have read other plural terms like mantii but I am not sure which would be the most proper. lol

Edit: Mantodea can work for the order, but not for reference to one species.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all;

New to the forum and got myself a few ghost mantis's (manti? whats the plural form?). I actually got them from an awesome guy on these forums. I'm a nursing student who worked in the medical field previously as an EMT for OC and LA county. These guys are perfect for a starving student with no life :lol: . I enjoy watching them during my long hours of studying...

I have the little ghost mantis' in a wooden box that had glass on all the sides except the bottom. I got it from michaels for $4. Used a screwdriver and hammer, broke the side glass pannels and took out the glass, then hot glued on mesh screens. I attached only one pic since attachments have upload limits. Seemed like a cool enclosure.

Victor

View attachment 2405
Hello all;

Victor

View attachment 2405
Answer = who cares??!!

Welcome from So Cal

Welcome.

Plural is either mantids or mantises. I much prefer mantids as the other one just doesn't sound right to me.

Latest posts