Greetings fellow enthusiasts!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJRipa

Reaction score
My forum name is DJRipa, but you may also call me by my real name Brandon. I am a New York native soon to find a new state to call home. I have been in the arthropod, live and dead, hobby for years. It has grown on me so much that I am currently an entomologist in training with a bachelor's in wildlife science. Initially my arthropod collection only consisted of arachnids and myriopods, but for the past 4 years I have been getting into a wide range of insects- mantises, cockroaches, beetles, ants, earwigs, etc. My most successful mantis breeding has been in the form of high-green ghost mantis lineages and violin mantises (as I prefer working with species with low incidence of cannibalism for the benefit of numbers), however, I have experience raising species from Pseudocreobotra, orchids, Rhombodera, among many others. Currently I no longer breed ghost mantises (although I will start again at some point), but my violin breeding is soon to hit a third generation in my care. In addition, I have a potential breeding trio of Eremiaphila, one female subadult, one male presubadult, and one unknown 4th instar. My most anticipated project (and perhaps one of the main reasons that motivated me to join this forum lol) would be an attempt at breeding Idolomantises, with my calling 2-month in adult female.

Last edited by a moderator:
 @DJRipa Welcome to the forum! It will be great to have another experienced person on the site!

- MantisGirl13

@DJRipa :)  You will get many more warm welcomes on this site! In the short time I have been here, I have learned a TON! And made some great friends. 

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts