Greetings from a Ball in Space!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucidius

Reaction score
I'd like to start off by saying I have been a member of MantidForum for about 5 months. This will finally be my first post. So far I have built myself a shelving unit on my desk to house 10 Mantids. I have been caring for most of my Mantids since they were nymphs. I have 3 Chinese mantids, 1 South American Green mantis, 3 Egyptian mantids, 2 Flower mantids, and 1 Orchid mantis. Interestingly all of them are female so I have never been able to mate any of them. Many of them recently got their wings.

As I type this post I look up to my right and see most of them looking down toward me. It is almost feeding time. But before I go I'll write a little bit about myself.

I have a passion for drawing, writing, photography, music, and all things that are in the creative spectrum. I enjoy fresh sushi, a good beer, and every once in a while some wine & cheese. Other then Mantids I have 4 Leopard Geckos, a Crested Gecko, a hognose snake, a hybrid Kingsnake, a Rosehair Tarantula, a Chameleon, a Hedgehog, and my precious Cat (and caretaker) Katana.

I live with my girlfriend, May. She helps me care for our alien roommates. I love her.

Other then those things I really enjoy traveling and exploring. I like to go hiking, trailing, metal detecting, and just plain nature watching. I have always had a great fascination for insects. To me they are the most amazing and "alien" creatures on earth! Watching my mantids eat or just look around never gets old. I'm happy to have found a place where others share the same fascination.

Peace, Love, and Logic__ Lucidius

Predators Of The Nebula - 2013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome

Need to ask you to reduce the size of text under your 'avatar though. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts