Greetings from LA, everybody!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantid_mike

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm a total noob in this hobby. I'm from Los Angeles and just acquired a small collection of mantids. I have one hymenopus coronatus, 2 ghost mantises, and one popa spurca. I had an ooth that hatched a few years back, but i released them all in my back yard. Reading through these forums, I see I have lots of mantid terminology to catch up on. I'm an architecture student, furniture/jewelry designer, and now a mantid enthusiast. Hope you guys can help me raise these guys!

Welcome. You have come to the right place.

Welcome. Glad to have another "local". What type of jewelry do you design? I recently started wire wrapping with copper wire. Good times. :D

Thanks. Nice to meet you.

Welcome. Glad to have another "local". What type of jewelry do you design? I recently started wire wrapping with copper wire. Good times. :D
Thank you. You live in Downey? I design wooden jewelry. Haven't tried my hand with metals yet, since I don't have any experience with it. :)

Thank you. You live in Downey? I design wooden jewelry. Haven't tried my hand with metals yet, since I don't have any experience with it. :)
Born and raised. :D I only started with copper wire in February. My work was relocating and my office trailer was going to be destroyed. I pulled major amounts of wire and with that expense removed from the equation the juices started flowing. I just cant see paying $4 for 20 feet of small wire (I now probably have a miles worth...or more). I have many sizes from telephone wire to heavy elecrical wire. I have been posting pics here. http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24170&st=0

ghost_mantis.jpg

This is one my tiny Ghost mantises. He/She? is so friendly!

Latest posts