Greetings from Southeast Iowa!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR DUGGER

Reaction score
Hello Mantid lovers! My name is JR Dugger, I am 34 years old from West Burlington Iowa. I am a heavy equipment operator with the Operating engineers local 150. In my spare time I love to be outside enjoying life with friends and family. I'm an avid disc golfer and Firearms enthusiast. I have had a few Mantids growing up as a kid that I have caught in the wild and have somewhat rediscovered my love for these majestic mantids. I was drawn to this forum to continue learning and to find reputable breeders and dealers to give my business to. Anyone please feel free to chime in and share your valued knowledge with me on this topic. Thank you.

20160604_161054.jpg

Hello JR and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Regarding tips and help there is too much to share, look around the forum, but if you have any specific questions just ask. ;) To start with you can buy mantids from the classified section (see the feedback section about the sellers too). Of course there are many great sites to buy mantids and related goods from online such as BugsInCyberspace, MantisPlace, and MantisPets the most common and recommended for mantis themselves.

Regarding good beginner species there are many, it just depends on what is available. The most common beginner and most exotic looking species though is the Ghosts (Phyllocrania paradoxa) and a personal favorite. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. 

I breed Mantids. I supply mantids to my friend Peter @BugsInCyberspace. I'm actually shipping some off today to Rebecca @Mantisplace.

Right now, I have LOTS of Giant Asians. And will have many more in the weeks to come. My main thing is Ghosts. My new generation of Ghost breeders are about to start getting their wings soon. I also have Indian Flower mantids that just got their wings a few days ago. I plan to breed them soon, too. I just joined. It looks like I may need to post in the classified section. 

Take care!

Patty

Welcome!  I need adult male membranacea!!  PM me!!  So interested in paradox.  I love that they live in colony/community!  Cheers from Virginia Beach!

Latest posts