Greetings from the littlest state!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mute_witness

Reaction score
Hiya!

Just got my first nymph yesterday (a giant Asian)...so looking forward to learning about these magnificent creatures! After lots of research, it's clear that this is the place. As a buglover since childhood (grew up in Orlando, FL), I've always thought mantises were extra-cool, but never got to "know" one til last fall, when I found a huge, female Chinese in my garden and kept her for several days. Her strange awareness really got to me. Now that it's warm again, I thought it time to get started with captive bred mantises through the mail. I hope to try ghosts and one of the giant shield species once I'm confident with my first one. Looking forward to learning from you all.

I live outside of Providence, RI and work as a surgical vet tech at a spay/neuter clinic. I play upright bass in a band,make jewelry, hang out with our dogs and chickens and garden a lot.

So, hi!

Welcome! :)

I'm also new to the hobby, I started with my D. lobata nymph about two months ago, but the funny thing about mantises is how you tend to keep getting more. :) I have a giant Asian nymph too--and six ghosts! They're hilarious little guys.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Welcome to Mantid Forum! I am new to this forum and the raising mantids thing too. ^_^ I didn't get started tho because I wanted to, it was all on accident. :innocent: You'd have to read my introduction. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, and welcome you. :)

Latest posts