Greetings from the South

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrDoc

Reaction score
Just a short hello from one who admires mantises from afar.  I recognize some of the folks here from Arachnoboards, so I feel somewhat less “new”.  I currently keep approximately 50 tarantulas, true spiders, and scorpions.  However, I actually find mantises far more fascinating.  I have been a fan for around 50 years, as my first memories of being awed by a “bug” was as a child watching a bush in my backyard in Kentucky which was always occupied by a mantis, or two.  I remember to this day bring floored by watching them snatch butterflies off of the flowers, and also my first exposure to cannibalism.  Ah, memories.  I currently keep no mantises, and I don’t know if I will, but I’m enamorate enough to be interested in lurking about here.

Regards,

”Doc”

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! I think many of us have some kinda magical memories of these interesting creatures as kids. Keeping them as an adult is a fine mixture of nostalgia and a feeling of discovery, it's a lot of fun to observe them! 

Latest posts