Greetings!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kisarra

Reaction score
Hello! I'm entirely new to the world of mantids and don't yet own one, but I am completely fascinated by them and hope to be able to acquire a mantis of my own in the near future! I am particularly fond of orchid and violin mantises. I hope to use these forums to more to learn about how to care for my future mantis friend.

I am also very interested in learning about means of acquiring a mantis that doesn't require the poor thing to be shipped in an unventilated truck! (I realize it's probably not quite as awful for the mantis as my melodramatic mind is imagining!) I'm not sure how common it is for breeders to sell directly to buyers, but ideally I hope to find a breeder in Florida or Georgia (which may be trickier, since I'm looking to acquire a more exotic species of mantis.)

Since I don't have a mantis of my own yet, I'll probably be primarily lurking around here, but I thought it would be nice to come say hi first :)

Welcome. Although the mantis does get jostled a little in transit, thats how most people order them, because if packaged right, theyll easily survive the trip :)

Hello! I'm entirely new to the world of mantids and don't yet own one, but I am completely fascinated by them and hope to be able to acquire a mantis of my own in the near future! I am particularly fond of orchid and violin mantises. I hope to use these forums to more to learn about how to care for my future mantis friend.

I am also very interested in learning about means of acquiring a mantis that doesn't require the poor thing to be shipped in an unventilated truck! (I realize it's probably not quite as awful for the mantis as my melodramatic mind is imagining!) I'm not sure how common it is for breeders to sell directly to buyers, but ideally I hope to find a breeder in Florida or Georgia (which may be trickier, since I'm looking to acquire a more exotic species of mantis.)

Since I don't have a mantis of my own yet, I'll probably be primarily lurking around here, but I thought it would be nice to come say hi first :)
Hello and welcome, I was a little concerned the first time I bought via the forum, too... but my concern was for nothing. If you use express mail, they'll more than likely come in perfect or near perfect shape (assuming you buy from someone legit who knows how to pack 'em). Just look up their seller feedback before you buy from someone. If they live within a couple states, priority mail would probably be just fine... but you could always just use express mail to be sure. There are a lot of really nice people on here as well as a plethora of info on keeping different kinds of species, so check it out!

Welcome! I am in the same position as you. I am super interested in mantids but I dont own one yet so im just lurking.

Latest posts