Greybeard

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very cryptic message. Who is this group and what is their purpose? What is your purpose in joining and why are you so happy? Is this group meant to be some kind of salvation for you? Are you leaving behind a life of crime and going on to join some kind of reformation? Is the group a pineapple cult?

Welcome to the MantidForum. I'm sleep-deprived, have several angry bugs to feed, and pry off the wall/my face when they get too spooked. There's nothing like starting off your morning with a ghost mantis temper tantrum. Enjoy the forum and it's more sane members.

Some of my background-I have loved mantids since 4th grade, and collected ooths during the fall near our house. When they hatched in a shoebox under my bed and dispersed all over my bedroom, my mother banned any more ooth collecting. Lol
Have gone through two periods of rearing mantids-Violins (my favorite), Ghosts, and Leaf mantids. I am retired, and because of some physical setbacks only rearing mantids is still possible, and I am excited to start again. Was in the Mantidforum in 2016, but got very busy with rearing butterflies and moths, and poison dart frogs, so quit Mantids until now. I am grateful to have such a rich resource of people and experience.Thank you!

Hello,
I don't remember what my user name was in 2016; what I do remember was the nice and fun folks that I exchanged threads with-lots of exchanges about our mantids, ideas about rearing and more.

I love mantids been in the hobby for many years. No matter what you will always come back to them.

welcome back!
yes, mantises are fun! I spent so much money on mantises and food for them I had to go to the food pantry to feed myself! haha
oh, you're in Tucson... keep an eye out for adult male Stagmomantis wheeleri please! I had one die a few days after the final molt

Thank you!
I have a medium size mantis show up at my front porch light every September-not sure if this is Stagmomantis wheeleri. Will try to upload a pic that I took with my iPhone. In 2019 I had three of them at my porch light at once. All I've ever seen are mature males. Good fliers.

Last edited:
Please check last thread on (page3) in the Tutorial Mantis photo group (How to add pictures to posts) and advise if it is Stagmomantis wheeleri. Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you!
I have a medium size mantis show up at my front porch light every September-not sure if this is Stagmomantis wheeleri. Will try to upload a pic that I took with my iPhone. In 2019 I had three of them at my porch light at once.