Griffin

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsterrarium

Reaction score
What's going on guys? I can tell that care for mantids is similar more or less across the board but even still I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything specific about the griffin mantis or Polyspilota Griffinii? I'm thinking of getting one from a site called mantisplace.com. Based on pictures from google they look extremely beautiful and seem to come in brown, green and even a bluish gray and they have some seriously handsome patterning. How big do they get? It doesn't matter but I do enjoy large species.  

Here's a picture of my old female after she died of old age. I think full grown she was about 4 or 5 inches. Care for her was very simple, I just made sure she had plenty of room to hang upside down, and misted the enclosure every few days so she could have a drink if she wanted. A few months after she matured she made 3 ooths, but all were infertile as I hadn't paired her. 

Resized_20170913_162124_5674.jpeg

Here's a picture of my old female after she died of old age. I think full grown she was about 4 or 5 inches. Care for her was very simple, I just made sure she had plenty of room to hang upside down, and misted the enclosure every few days so she could have a drink if she wanted. A few months after she matured she made 3 ooths, but all were infertile as I hadn't paired her. 

View attachment 11569
Wow what a beauty! And care sounds very straight forward! Thanks so much Greasylake!

I decided to get it guys! I knew deep down it would happen as I was hooked at first sight with this species. Plus there's apparently a deal going on on mantisplace.com where if I order any species they'll send me a mystery species for free! I don't care either way but it sure would be cool to get a surprise species and learn what it is! Since Shandong Lee, my giant Asian mantis passed a couple weeks ago I've been curious to learn a whole bunch of new species and decide which ones I'm drawn too and I for sure want to get another Hierodula Membranacea sometime. Shandong Lee was fun! 

Latest posts