Growing faster?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collinchang635

Reaction score
I have a female Tropidomantid which has already laid 7 ooths. I also have found a male Tropidomantid today and I am hoping to make him grow as fast as possible so he can mate with the female or is it possible for him to mate when he is a nymph? How will I make him grow as fast as possible? How do I mate mantids? Do I give the female something to eat first and put the male close to the females abdomen? What should I do? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Really informative thread Rick. Thanks! :D BTW, should I keep him at normal room temp here at Malaysia (28-32oC) or should I put him under a lamp for extra heat?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha! 32 degree's! thats roasty toasty! maybe you could try cooling the female down?

You may want to just bump the heat up slightly. As long as he is warm and feed daily he will grow pretty quick. Don't go too hot though.

You may want to just bump the heat up slightly. As long as he is warm and feed daily he will grow pretty quick. Don't go too hot though.
Ok. He's about 12 inches away from the lamp. Will that work? BTW the lamp I'm using isn't a heat lamp. It's a normal lamp.

Update on my Tropidomantid. I found out he is either pre sub adult or sub adult but he is only 1 cm long. Going to molt soon as he stopped eating today.

@muleyyyy: The temp gets to 37 oC outside on really hot days but its cooler in my house about 32 oC. I blame global warming.

I don't like using lamps because they dry out the enclosure. So If I were you I would mist lightly daily.

Ok. He's about 12 inches away from the lamp. Will that work? BTW the lamp I'm using isn't a heat lamp. It's a normal lamp. Update on my Tropidomantid. I found out he is either pre sub adult or sub adult but he is only 1 cm long. Going to molt soon as he stopped eating today.

@muleyyyy: The temp gets to 37 oC outside on really hot days but its cooler in my house about 32 oC. I blame global warming.
if it is only 1cm long then chances are it is not subadult yet. my males are just over 2cm and are still not adult (i dont even think they are subadult).

Latest posts