Guess what sp is this!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are interesting things I shall mention fist, this mantis is founded over 2000m over sea level, the place where she lives get below 0 at winter, over 40 at summer, not a tropical forest like many others species, nymphs are born big!, like 35-50 from each ooth, the wing markings are different from texan also does the horn

DSC03388.jpg
Looks like Pseudovates sp.

Pseudovates Sp. I belive.... where are you from Zeth?, I´m from Tula Hidalgo, and a friend from Mexico City had some nymphs like the one in the picture. He didñn´t have luck in breeding them :( .

saludos

I'm from Mexico city,, but they are not from the city as you know they only relatives to mantis in Mexico city are roaches, the one in my photo lived for a long time, she laid eggs, they hatched, eat and grow, I sold them when I stopped breeding mantis few years ago. I can tell they are really hardy they live in cold(0°C at winter) and really hot conditions(ut to 40°C at summer).

* I incubated the ooths she laid at my fish room at 18-28°C. with any hibernation proces

Last edited by a moderator: