Guess What?!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Paul! Yes, now I am misting generously and regularly.
Duh-WhackMyselfintheHead.gif
How ironic that there have been other ooths I've misted regularly for months on end that I thought would hatch, but never did. You just can't be sure with ooths, unfortunately.

It probally would not hurt to hold on to it for a few months. Just don't get your hopes up to high.
+1 - I agree, Martin. From what Rob said about this species being capable of parthenogenesis, I'd mist and treat it as fertile for a couple of months. It's unlikely to yield anything, but apparently possible.

Why also when you give an update on something that's doing well, it sometimes seems you speak too soon? One of the three nymphs has died. :( It doesn't appear to be a case of mis-molt; but one of the other two surviving nymphs has just molted to L2 fine. No indication of any of the other ooths hatching yet.... but you know I'm misting and watching! ;)

Those are great pics. Interesting post too.

The one lonely nymph died yesterday. None of the other ooths has produced anything yet. Maybe it was a case of parthenogenesis. Definitely interesting, but disappointing nonetheless. :(

The one lonely nymph died yesterday. None of the other ooths has produced anything yet. Maybe it was a case of parthenogenesis. Definitely interesting, but disappointing nonetheless. :(
Woah, that's a tough species to keep. It reminds me of my experience with Europeans in the past. I'm going have to get my hands on some in the future. I feel the challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cilinia humeralis is my most favorite species! :wub: I really enjoyed them alot. I failed at breeding them for a 6th generation. I did not put as much effort into them as i did previous years. I was kinda more focused on other species. :( I find myself really regreting that. I do hope there is someone in the US breeding them. I would love to have them again sometime.

Cilinia humeralis is my most favorite species!
That's cool that they are your most favorite species! Why is that for you? I'm curious!

Hopefully someone in the U.S still has them.

Hello U.S forum members! Any one keeping some C.humeralises?

Minkyu

Very tough species..

Like them too though, I have some females still living laying ugly unfertile ooths!

Why I like them:

They look cute but agressive as heck

But don't be disappointed - they get aggresive the older they are. As a nymph they are just like any other mantis. The bigger their arms - the more ego they get. It seems! :p

That's cool that they are your most favorite species! Why is that for you? I'm curious!Hopefully someone in the U.S still has them.

Hello U.S forum members! Any one keeping some C.humeralises?

Minkyu
I have a pair at L6 atm wish me luck =\

That's cool that they are your most favorite species! Why is that for you? I'm curious!Minkyu
I like there stocky build. They look more like aliens to me than most other mantis species. I know that sounds weird, but just take a good look at there face. I think what really made them my fav was when i feed my first adult female a wild caught locust. She hit it so hard it almost seemed like it exploded on impact! :lol: There was so much blood and goo that fell out. On closer inspection i realized her grasp was so tight it looked like her claws were just folded normally. :eek: Overall there aggresive behavor is just fun to whatch.

My adult female is just so aggressive during feeding. Very solid bug. She really likes to explore also.

I have a pair at L6 atm wish me luck =\
Wow! Good luck! Carry on the blood line!

I like there stocky build. They look more like aliens to me than most other mantis species. I know that sounds weird, but just take a good look at there face. I think what really made them my fav was when i feed my first adult female a wild caught locust. She hit it so hard it almost seemed like it exploded on impact! :lol: There was so much blood and goo that fell out. On closer inspection i realized her grasp was so tight it looked like her claws were just folded normally. :eek: Overall there aggresive behavor is just fun to whatch.
Cool! Man... now I'm getting all excited for these guys!

I would love to try some wide armed mantids after my budwings run their course.

Rebecca, your photography is amazingly good!!!!

Latest posts