Guys you have to look at this please

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie

Reaction score
So i had a hole in my cage for my mantis, didn't want anything getting in. So i went to change my mantis cage because it looked close to molting. Well the little container didn't work, it was to small so I went to put her back into the cage. She didn't want to and crawled away from it. I noticed her back looked funny, i put my hand up and not even 5 mins later she started to molt. She had refused to get into her cage, i held my hand up for almost an hour. And she molted, on my hand. The most amazing thing ever. I am in tears, my hand shakes. And it is very very hard for me to hold still, i did it! I held still. She molted perfectly. And I had to wait a bit for her to dry she wouldn't get back into her cage. I am so proud and amazed with myself with how bad my anxiety is and I did it. We did it.

View attachment 9392

View attachment 9394

Amazing, and to see it too, that is great. I'm glad to hear you both are fine, and congrats on such a event. I can say that is something I've never heard of happening before. Hopefully you both get to rest and recover tomorrow. :D

Ty i was shocked i did it and she didnt mis molt. I went to take my anxiety meds and my hands shook like crazy they always shake.

Wow! Very crazy and amazing. Don't know if I could have sat still that long haha

Cool. A buddy of mine was letting his mantis climb on his desk at work. His hung off one of the cabinets and molted. I'll have to see if I can get the pictures from him.

Latest posts