H. Majuscula Black Spot

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvalenz

Reaction score
I noticed that my male H. Majuscula has a dark spot on the tip of its abdomen.

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

And I also notice that when I look directly at the tip, almost like i'm looking inside the abdomen, it looks black inside.

DSC01043.jpg

I noticed that he has been drinking a lot of water lately as well. He seams to be very active still. I hope this is not a fungal infection. Can someone help clarify this mysterious spot. He

He still has the spot, but he looks like his active self. I think he is going to be ok. I just didn't want to mate him again if it was fungal. I didn't want it to spread to the female. Mantis STD.

This may not be the case for your mantis but ill just throw it out there since the pic isnt clear. I had an H. Membranacea with dried fecal matter on her abdomen. Because of the waste that built up inside her she died :( . Just make sure there is no waste clogging his abdomen. Im not sure i remember what the cure is because i posted the question too little too late but im sure someone else could tell you. Glad to help anyway

-Lohit

Latest posts