H Majuscula male molting macro pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpdrive

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

so I knew that my male was going to molt any moment now. so I stayed up last night, and didn't go to sleep regardless that I had work this morning. I may be tired, but it was so worth it. I got to watch everything with a little pen light and my camera ready. :punk:

here is a before shot. taken 48 hours before his molt. notice that his wing buds grew and they turn silverish blue...flash from camera burned through the blueish color and showed his vains.

6804098190_667cf10ab0_b.jpg

just after his stretching, he gets his skin loose.

6950207375_b02cb6b9d9_b.jpg

coming out of his skin.

6804098462_895f5503fb_b.jpg

mostly free now.

6804098684_2c21850acd_b.jpg

wings a growing.

6804099202_a82c282100_b.jpg

my wonderful young man.

6950208579_00497b6259_b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed.

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Great molt shots! That's a nice looking specimen.

I am enjoying my H. majusculas a lot (such appetites!) and look forward to one earning their wings.

now they came in :p wonderfull work computer

...cool pics, i love when you know they are going to molt so you can stay up....the 2nd pic looks funny by its rear....kinda looks like a spring roll LOL

Big guy!

Great mantids hope you have fun with him
this guy is so playfull, he has been out since I got home from work.

I even fell asleep playing with him just now, and he just climbed up to a branch that overhangs my couch...and i still looking at me like, "why are you not picking me up?".

what I would really like to see from him is for him to fly. I just love it when they fly.

Harry

now they came in :p wonderfull work computer

...cool pics, i love when you know they are going to molt so you can stay up....the 2nd pic looks funny by its rear....kinda looks like a spring roll LOL
it is one of my favorite shots taken last night. it came out so sharp and focused. the loose skin seems to fool my lens and they never look in focus.

Harry

it is one of my favorite shots taken last night. it came out so sharp and focused. the loose skin seems to fool my lens and they never look in focus.

Harry
yeah i thought that looked a little odd, havnt really seen it looking like that before. lol

Nice capture! Love the color on him. It's always fun to watch the wings inflate with your own eye's.
yeah, I think I was on my 4th cup of coffee by the time he inflated his wings.

this was the 2nd night in a row I stayed up to witness it. at least I have a few days off from work to sleep.

Harry

I am trying to get mine to eat more. He is a sub adult now and his mate to be is all ready an adult. My fingers are crossed. Good pics Harry. Nice going!

thanks Rich for the kind words. I'm sure your male, and everyone's will molt any day now. just like all the females followed mine by a day or two later.

who knows why mine have molted first?

I'll bet it's just my drinking water. best tap water in the US. so good that smart people will NOT buy a bottle of water and just get a glass of tap when at a nice resturant.

what I forgot to say was that while the male was molting, the female was on the hunt to eat 2 crickets. she was like a lion. slowly stalking her prey until it was in her grasp. all this in total darkness. I'll bet she didn't even see my pen light that had red tape on it to give off only red light. maybe it was just my lack of sleep, but with my male molting and my female hunting, I felt like I was on a trip into the jungles that they came from.

it was an exciting night, and I felt like a rookie mantid owner that was seeing this for the first time.

above all, I wish everyone the best of luck with theirs.

mine are so playful and nice. I hope that yours are too.

Harry

Nice male! Mine just moulted to adult this morning
congrats.

hey, is yours playfull? my male was up late with my friends again last night.

I don't know who was more excited to play, my male or one of my friends. I still can't get over the fact that I have some friends that come over just to see my Majusculas.

Harry

congrats.

hey, is yours playfull? my male was up late with my friends again last night.

I don't know who was more excited to play, my male or one of my friends. I still can't get over the fact that I have some friends that come over just to see my Majusculas.

Harry
I haven't taken him out yet. I wait a few days for them to get used to their new bodies before i play with them.

Latest posts