H Majuscula pair and some Idolos.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpdrive

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

well, it seems that I'm officialy back in the hobbie again. my first mantids arrived today. a nice pair of H Majuscula and a bunch of Idolo nymphs from Yen. oh, and just to make my day even sweeter, my creo ooth just started molting as I was putting everything away. I forgot to leave the light on in my room and they must have thought it was still early morning and desided to hatch in the early afternoon.

if you just ordered the L3 Idolo nymphs from Yen, this is what they will look like.

6843840457_1196210f71_b.jpg

6843840301_bcaeac5fe7_b.jpg

6843840395_37556cb8aa_b.jpg

the giant green pigs

6843840533_328f28a321_b.jpg

6843840801_2a96930a30_b.jpg

6843840609_d5c4748ace_b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed,

Harry

I just got my Hierdoula m. pair today. Looked just like that.

I was supposed to get 4 packages today but I only got 2 ... hmmm ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics. I too got the same package. your idolos look really green compared to mine. My H. Majusculas were little L-2 or 3s. They are definitely little pigs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
pro tip #638: what I realy like about buying a sub adult pair is that the male has already been "slowed down" in molting and now all you have to do is not over feed the male. they will both reach adulthood about the same time and you don't have to worrie about a thing.

while I can't speak for them at L3, at sub adult, H Majuscula just don't seem to stop eating. I'm telling you right now, don't get any if you like to toss in another fly or two to see if they will eat another one...because they will. I don't even think that they know how to stop.

Harry

True dat! Except mine are refusing food. They might molt soon but you never know
has to be the reason. there could be no other.

I'm thinking of calling my boy Oliver because I swear he looks at me and says "can I have some more superworms....please." and then he gives me that sad eyes look that they do when they tilt their head to the side. :(

I'm giving them the day off from food today. I hope I don't have to run down to the live chicken store and buy two live turkeys to feed them tomorrow. the bad part is I might have to take a bus and the people in NYC arn't too happy to share a bus with live turkeys. :whistling:

Harry

Latest posts