H.parviceps acting weird very concerned

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseofsa

Reaction score
My H.parviceps was getting ready for her final molt last night but friday she started acting very weird. She was limp and unresponcive to stimuli(food, misting, and me opening her container). She had all four legs on the mesh top but if one of her legs came off the mesh she was unable to move her leg back up so i constantly have to open the lid and place her legs on the mesh top or else she will fall. Wondering if this has happened to anyone? on the good side i guess her wing buds have grown substantualy since friday and her legs have extended. Is she having a hard time or is she sick with an unkown aliment? Eats FF's, flys, and butterflies.

happened to me before some people said i gave my mantis a bad cricket that was sick and made her sick

yes no strength what so ever. i turned her right side up and she just has no strength i guess she just lays flat on her belly. She can move her arms but she keeps them in the molting position she is breathing(i can see her abdomen moving) she moves her head slightly and she can move her legs but not enough to be able to put them back on the mesh when they detach.

I did. she drinks but wont eat. I am waiting for signs of that brown eye thing but no signs.

that happened to my european mantis but she was adult and was laying eggs what i did was jsut keep feeding her water it kept mine alive long enough to lay another egg. my mantis did die i think its what u suspect you feed it a bad insect and it comes down with the disease the feeder had.

This is usually a good sign of the mantis getting ready to die. You will notice its color get a bit lighter and it may eat a little bit but hardly anything.

so why would it die when it hasnt reached adult yet ? i thought thats the sign of old age . when my mantis got sick and was chucking up absolutly everywhere . it was still active . it just lay on the bottom of a clean tank for about 2 days . then she went back to being herself.

the temprature does seem fine to me . and misting has never gave me any problems with this species even if i forgot for a few days .

dont sound good though :(

so why would it die when it hasnt reached adult yet ? i thought thats the sign of old age . when my mantis got sick and was chucking up absolutly everywhere . it was still active . it just lay on the bottom of a clean tank for about 2 days . then she went back to being herself. the temprature does seem fine to me . and misting has never gave me any problems with this species even if i forgot for a few days .

dont sound good though :(
They can and will die at any age. I've seen all kinds of different symptoms. Some led to death and some didn't.

Latest posts