H.parviceps acting weird very concerned

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope no molt(she SHOULD molt every other sunday or monday night). she is still alive she gets lighter then darker. is active(cleaning, moving arms) somtimes but others just barely moves her head.

bear in mind each instar is longer than the last, so times between moults will generally increase each time, assuming heat and food have been about equal.

one of my membrancea didnt eat for over a week because he was going to moult . then he did moult and was extreamly weak afterwards . I.E. couldnt catch prey properly and just slumped there till i hand fed him . he be fine ever since !!! maybe thats what yours is going to do ?

neil

I mean that makes sence. she is living and still follows me with her head but whats with the color changes now her wing buds are kinda blue and her body goes from neon green to green???? IDK but i do feed her and mist her(she eats Fruit flys) I am clueless but will inform of any changes.

is it your first mantis?

i was worried about the littlest things when i got my first one, i think everybody's like that. and their behaviour can be hard to understand at first, they sometimes just dont want to move no matter what :)

No i used to keep a whole bunch of chinese mantids then i let them go and untill a few months ago my intrest was resparked when i saw the spiny flower mantis. I am used to losses but not when they are going through the final molt. Well I have an update I thought she was done for last night as she was not able to stay attached to the mesh so i turned her right side up put her in a big 10 gallon(she could not walk so it did not matter) well... this morning she was living and breathing so i misted her offered her FFs she did not respond so i sadly slumped next door to paint a room. Well i finished and came home and was getting ready to shower when out of the corner of my eye i saw her she looked like she grew an inch! her abdomen was elongated and it had busted out of the old skin and she is lookin alot like a he. i misted her and pluged in a heat matt to make it more humid so he/she can fully molt. but i do not know what to expect. anyways im guessing someone prayed for her/him and i thank you.

She died?????????? well at least she fought. BTW when i came home she was surrounded in a puddle of blue liquid? is this mantid blood?

thats too bad :( i had a sub european mantis that had the same thing. it was about to molt and was to weak to do anything and it died over night:(

Joe

Latest posts