had to have high high heat!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello all,
so there are several African species that seem to grow at a snail's pace at room temperature. These include Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii (taking about 6 months or more), Popa spurca (over 8 months), and Otomantis scutigera (about 5 months). So I've been thinking about keeping them at 90F, with a heat tape set to 90
I just got some P. spurca to play with. I also have P. wahlbergii that went from i4 to adulthood in about 9 weeks at these temps
I'll keep everyone posted!

I'm using side heat with my tarantulas. To get a substrate temperature of 80F, I had to set the heat tape to about 88F. Since you're using bottom heat, your setup might make more efficient use of the heat tape.

I'm using side heat with my tarantulas. To get a substrate temperature of 80F, I had to set the heat tape to about 88F. Since you're using bottom heat, your setup might make more efficient use of the heat tape.
Did I not say you need to set the heat tape to about 10 degrees higher than the target heat due to heat loss and air space?