Hagiotata hofmanni (Paraguay twig mantis)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Henry & gripen.

Much larger wingbuds in subadult females of these guys than in popa, do females have full wings in this species?
I have never seen any adult specimen yet for this species, my guess is female has full wings. Hopefully i should be able to see adult in few weeks.

Here is a cool link from our german friends.http://www.mantodeenforum.info/index.php?page=Thread&postID=38561&highlight=Hagiotata#post38561

My friend has some of these, I will get some pix of adult females for you guys. Cool cryptic species!

Thanks for the help. The first subadult turn into adult female on new year day! :clap:

Close to 7 cm

hhaf1.jpg

hhaf2.jpg

hhaf3.jpg

hhaf4.jpg

The abdomen has black stripes, reminds me of the Arizona unicorn mantis Pseudovates arizonae.

hhaf5.jpg

hhaf6.jpg

Nice pics and cute mantis. Definitely has a little of the Unicorn look to the legs too.

Spam sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Henry!

I hope to breed this species but currently i have a very female bias group so hopefully male will mature without issue and perform well.

Thanks Henry!

I hope to breed this species but currently i have a very female bias group so hopefully male will mature without issue and perform well.
If you've got adult females before the males then you are on track for another great success! Best of luck!

Ok, now the male REALLY looks like a brown/gray Unicorn (minus the horn). Cool new species.

Yen strikes again!

:clap: :sorcerer: :clap: