Half developed wings, deformed flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieHification

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put out Blue Bottle pupae and received messed up born flies? I put the rest of what I have out to hatch and what I got today was flies with half developed wings, some with no wings, and some stuck in the shell all half born... Is it still safe to feed my mantid? LOL. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Usually this happens the longer they are kept in the fridge. The blue bottles you received must be old. It's still safe to feed them.

Oh ok good. I thought my flies had some bad genes or something LOL. Thanks! Hope my mantids don't turn out looking like their food... :stuart:

If they look like this and scream "Help me!" when you feed them to your mantids they may have sent Brundle-flies by mistake.

fly_05.JPG

lol that is funny!!!

Precarious has topped his mantis mandible pic....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like it when my mantids seem to be looking at me. But I can't stand the glare of the brundlefly.

brundlefly.jpg

Hahaha I have had this happen. Poor 'tard flies.. Sometimes my mantids don't prefer them and turn their 'noses' up. Only fine dining for mr. Idolo..

Latest posts