Happy Birthday to You, Amadeus!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilinYuma

Reaction score
Yep, it's Mozart's BD again, and here is a nice clip that everyone knows:

Want to discuss the musicology of "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" and chat about the amazing tessatura of the piece and how the Amadeus movie transposed the piece down because the singer couldn't hit high C? Better post another Mozart clip instead! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASMODEUS - KING OF DEMONS!

Asmodeus.jpg

Oh, wait... I misread. It's Amadeus.

In that case...

And as an added bonus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g9E04Ig-1U

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I did not know that about the movie. When I played viola in school, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and various symphonies were my favorite Mozart, but the older I get, the more I love Requiem.

Falco.. LOL

@ Chivalry: There is a depressing Protestant hymn about heaven that goes, "We shall spend eternity singing around the throne", but if we got to sing this under a good choral director, I might give heaven a try after all!

@ Henry: It says that you currently live in Pennsylvania, but you grew up in Phillis, right? :D

Edir: Someone, anyone, please ask "don't you mean Philly?" LOL!

Ah, Henry! I asked you to post a Mozart clip in the hope that I would learn something about Mozart from a pop musician that I didn't know before, and i guess i did! One other person posted a Mozart clip, 27 have posted on Monster Bug Wars. American culture in microcosm! :D

Ah, Henry! I asked you to post a Mozart clip in the hope that I would learn something about Mozart from a pop musician that I didn't know before, and i guess i did! One other person posted a Mozart clip, 27 have posted on Monster Bug Wars. American culture in microcosm! :D
Oh, I didn't know you wanted a Mozart clip. You just told me to post in this thread. To be honest I don't know squat about him. He should have made some music videos or something so he got famous. I never even saw him on MTV or VH1 Classics. All I do know about classical is that my droog little Alex loved ol' Ludwig van to get in the mood for some ultra violence or a bit of the old in-out.

And I've heard it suggested Mozart reincarnated as an anemic urban street urchin with the ability to conduct hip-hop dancers...

Yay! I have AVG with a built in accelerator that intrusively tells me that it is accelerating when I play videos. This time a small notice came up saying "Let's not and say we did." So relax with a pleasant glass of mokva, soothe yourself with some nice horrorshow, and when you have time, reread the orange (or did you only see the movie?); you may just have missed the point! :D

Yay! I have AVG with a built in accelerator that intrusively tells me that it is accelerating when I play videos. This time a small notice came up saying "Let's not and say we did." So relax with a pleasant glass of mokva, soothe yourself with some nice horrorshow, and when you have time, reread the orange (or did you only see the movie?); you may just have missed the point! :D
Clockwork is one of my favorite non-PKDick books. I am due for a re-read. But I'm pretty sure the moral of the story is that classical music drives people to commits acts of violence and rape, and that it's a valuable tool of torture. :lol:

a-clockwork-orange-475864l.jpg

Well, unless you are putting me on, Henry, that makes discussion easier. It seems unlikely that Burgess 's message is about the dangers of "classical" music, specifically Beethoven, when one of his own pieces, the Napoleon Symphony was structured, appropriately on the Eroica. I personally see this work as a modern refutation of Plato's views in The Republic and of the neoplatonic Augustine in the Confessions, but this is a forum for folks primarily interested in mantids and a thread honoring Mozart, so I shall stop here. Feel free to IM or Email me if you wish to continue this interesting discussion. Meanwhile, I shall end my participation here with one more salute to Mozart:

Of course I was joking. Twisting the circumstances in the book to snap at your rear. By the way, they just released A Clockwork Orange: 40th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray with mini-documentaries. I still wish Kubrick had stuck more to the book but I suppose even younger kids in those situation wouldn't have been tolerated.

So anyway...

Happy B-Day, M-Zart!

Ha! Burgess thought the same thing. As you know, of course, the movie and some American versions of the book end at the penultimate chapter to provide a "gritty" dystopian work in which the protagonist does not move, and which pissed off Burgess greatly,though he took their money!. Some books, perhaps, should not be read by the very young. The three works that I had the most difficulty in teaching were rhis,, Death of a Salesman (I gave up on teaching it as s tragedy and presented it as a Bildungsroman instead!) and Jude the Obscure for whom the Chicago North Shore children of rich parents had nothing but contempt

Rupert Brooke, whom no one reads any more, presented the "youthful" view in Ancient History" (Is that right? The twin poems that begin, "Hot through Troy's ruins Menelaus broke" and end with "And Paris slept on by Scamander's side") But he died too young to change his opinion.And of course, the novel changes every time that I read it, as is proper. Try rereading it in the context of neoplatonism f you have not done so already. It may add something.

Latest posts