Happy to have found this site :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traci

Reaction score
Hi from Nebraska, I've raised and bred local species of mantids and branched out to keeping a few of the more exotic (Violin, Orchid, Spiny Flower) over the years and I've truly come to love these little guys. They all have their own personalities and anyone that enjoys the hobby knows just how deeply your heart goes out to the care and well being of raising them. So glad I've found a place to gather more information and ask questions!

Greetings Traci and welcome to the forum
welcome7.gif

Another great exotic mantid with personality to try is the Ghost mantis (Phyllocrania paradoxa). :D

Actually Thomas you read my mind! After failing to locate the elusive gongylus gongylodes I've been thinking of substituting with the Ghost :) Both are very cool and from what I understand don't tend to cannibalize if properly nourished :)

Actually Thomas you read my mind! After failing to locate the elusive gongylus gongylodes I've been thinking of substituting with the Ghost :) Both are very cool and from what I understand don't tend to cannibalize if properly nourished :)
I have two Ghost's and they are one of my favorite species. I need to update my topic, they have molted since and gotten quite larger. :D

Indeed Ghosts can be kept communally, there are many topics about it on the forum; however, all of them say you need plenty of room and food - and more importantly no matter how well it is done cannibalism still can happen. So I keep mine separate as I don't want to loose any of my Ghosts just in case.

The Violin mantis comes up for sale once and awhile in the forum classifieds - also various mantid sites such as BugsInCyberspace, MantisPlace, and others.

Latest posts