Hard to acquire species.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to him right before he went inactive, and he had a couple pairs of adult toxodera he was selling for about $600 a pair 

You need to move to the U.K its much easier here to acquire tropical's as they would not survive in the wild. As Synapse said Sinomantis denticulata looks high on the wow factor, Glass Mantis. Ive only seen a picture of it. Not sure if its readily available here Ill have a look and let you know.

One would think hey? 

Here in Canada, only T. sinensis and M. religiosa are legal. 

And, it gets very cold here. 😐
You need to move to the U.K its much easier here to acquire tropical's as they would not survive in the wild. Sinomantis denticulata looks high on the wow factor, Glass Mantis. Ive only seen a picture of it. Not sure if its readily available here Ill have a look and let you know

Stenophylla, toxodera, empusa, metallyticus, theopompa, choerodadis, parymenopus, and the true native US mantids(not narrow wing, chinese, or european). 
Looks like you’re in luck! Currently many people are in the hobby working on most of those species you mentioned! 

Some breeders just have some Stenophyllas mature; just recently got some Empusa Pennata that someone hatched; Many pros working on Choeradodis.

Theopompa shows up in the US hobby now and then, hopefully it’ll eventually appear. Helvia (Parymenopus) is hard to come by, but I have been told by Asian keepers that they are easier and even comparable to Croebroters in terms of difficulty, so all we need now is somehow import some?

Did somebody say... Empusa?😏 3950A9FE-B8D1-4A43-8F43-12F51DE1CF3F.jpeg

Wow, I never even heard of Empusa f. before, I just looked them up and they're stunning! I'd definately get one (or two, or three) if I ever see them anywhere.

Gongrats @Ben10101, your little one is very cute, take good care of him/her! 😉

Latest posts